Wednesday, December 15, 2010

From frustration to laughter

So we were driving back from karate last night and Jacob and Allison were busy telling me things from the backseat. Jacob had been talking for a while (as he's apt to do) and Allison wanted to say something, but couldn't get a word in. So she let out "a yell" followed by a loud proclamation that "Jacob was NOT letting her talk."

This was followed immediately by two kids both talking about how THEY should be the ones talking. Ugh.

So I say - "well, I'm not listening until you two figure out who's supposed to be talking."

This led to a long debate in the backseat as to who should be the one to go first.

J: I should be the one - I got a new karate belt and kids with new belts go first.
A: I got a new prize - so kids with new prizes should go first.
J: No - I should go first because my new belt is orange and your watch isn't orange.
A: I should go first - I'm oldest and we should go oldest to youngest.
J: No - we should go youngest to oldest and I should go first.
A: Oldest to youngest.... me.
J: Boys first.
A: Girls first.
J (placing his new karate belt on his head): Look - I'm a reindeer and reindeers should go first.
A: Yes - reindeer go first - but I made reindeer antlers out of paper so I should go first!

Needless to say..... we got home first.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hilarious! Just wait till Kellen and Chloe are added into the mix.