Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Parade

So -it's an attempt to catch up on old stuff. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, Allison's brownie troup participated in the Appleton Christmas Parade. I'm not sure I'll jump on that bandwagon again.



First off -it was cold, cold, cold. We took a trolley from the school to the start of the parade route. We were there at 5pm. The parade started at 6:30pm. Our "float" started actually walking in the parade at 7pm. So, we stood outside with 20 girl scouts (with no bathroom, no food, no drinks) in subfreezing temps for 2 hours. After about an hour and half - Allison started asking if we could go home. After making it that far - the answer was NO.

Once we started walking, I think she had fun. And we saw Jacob and Brian who were huddled together along the parade route. Fortunately, Brian told me where he's set out the chairs (at 9am that morning - the Christmas parade is a serious event).

No comments: