Sunday, September 8, 2013

More vacation

I am thinking that this blog does not need to be chronologically accurate.  (also - just reworded that from: "thinking this blog need not be chronologically accurate" - grammar: an adventure in continuous improvement.)  You know.... because I'm known for my correct grammar and syntax.

From NYC - back to CT - but just for a night because we were on to Maine!  (with a stop in Salem, MA).
If you have kids and you visit a national park, monument, or historic site: Go get the Junior Ranger booklet.  I did not even know they had one for Salem, MA; but they do!  The kids fill out this pamphlet and then they return it to get a badge.  The kids LOVE the badges.  Also, at Salem it had nothing to do with witches and a lot to do with that boat.  This enabled us to skip the costly witch museums, and visit the free boat.  Bonus - a shiny golden badge.
Oh, what did we learn about the boat?  um..... I don't know.  It had a really big rudder.  Also, it's a ship.  Or, wait, maybe it's not.  We learned that sailboats are classified by the number of masts and sails.  But now I don't remember the details..... The National Park Service emblem includes a buffalo!  I remember that.

No comments: