Friday, January 11, 2013

O Christmas Tree

 There once was a prelit Christmas tree.  Loved and decorated.  Some of the lights didn't work, so the tree was given a good shake, and most of the lights came back on (minus a strand on the bottom).  After much soul-searching (ok - not much), it was decided to retire the Christmas tree.  And when I say retire - I mean:
 completely and totally disassembled.

From the ashes and spare parts of the tree grew: four working strands of lights, a nifty light extension cord, two metal pole weapons which must be hidden/thrown out before the kids find them and...
one prelit baby tree for the kids to decorate next year, and one...
new door wreath.

Plus, wreath supplies for my friend and helper Leslie and a bin of garland to be re-purposed next year.

1 comment:

Sue said...

You are recycler extraordinaire! (I had to retype that until my spellcheck said I had it right!) I saw the wreath on FB and wondered about it. So, have you shopped the post-Christmas sales to find your tree for next year? I don't think I'd ever buy a tree again that isn't pre-lit, although I do think they put too many lights on them.

But good going with this one.