So, it was an interesting week. I won't recount the whole thing because I have a general aversion to all things regarding the inner workings of the human body. So, I'll summarize with this: two trips to the ER last weekend (me), resulting in admission, surgery, two fewer ovarian cysts and one less ovary. No worries, they were all benign. In hindsight, I should have had them cut the cord on the remaining ovary and solved any future birth control issues while they were in there.... I guess that was a missed opportunity.
But the point here is that I was forced into unplanned caffeine withdrawl. Luckily, tylenol administered directly into one's veins is moderately effective in the pounding headache department. However, now I'm faced with a quandry.... to begin again, or not? After 5 days with no coffee, coke, or black tea, I have to ask if I want to restart the habit. And I don't really know. I did have two baby cups on Thursday and Friday, and a full cup this morning - so maybe that question really is already answered.
I enjoy taking a mug of coffee with me to school each day. I can sip it in the morning (rather than being tempted to snack), it wakes me up, keeps me away from the tooth-dissolving sodas, and I love the smell. However, it stains teeth, gives pounding headaches when you skip it for a day, and possibly disrupts my sleep. Ack.
Maybe with Brian's new tea's I can switch over to that. Or maybe I can limit to a small cup a day (which is supposed to be good for you, right?). Or maybe I should just use this as an opportunity to go without for a month and then decide (once the habit is fully broken). Choices, choices.
(Also, thanks to my friend Leslie who was a great emergency kid-watcher, and Bruce and Sue who were great emergency visitors/cleaners/laundry doers/drivers).
2 comments:
Thanks Jamie for always reminding me how much worse it could be! Your blog is more than just amusing. Glad you are OK.
LOL - it's all about perspective.
Post a Comment