Saturday, January 5, 2013

Holidays, Holidays

Somewhere, I have pictures from Christmas.... other than those that I took with the awesome new camera I got for Christmas (and therefore are mostly after Christmas).  So, I'll find those sometime, post them, and write about Christmas.  It'll be a wonderful post.

Sometime, I'll write about 125 page tenure dossiers, cancelled winterim classes, anemic activity reports, and the fact that my salary was published on the newspaper's website.  Maybe after a few bottles of wine, which I could clearly afford more of if I worked for the technical college system teaching truck driving.

Somehow, we made it through a late night New Year's Eve party with our children and - even more amazingly - people later stopped me in the hallway to say how nice and well-behaved our children were.  This was clearly linked to the very serious directive I gave them that went something like "you guys don't usually get invited to the adult's party - so you'd better be on your best behavior or else."  Without the Santa's naughty/nice list to lord over them, I'm surprised they listened to me.  I've probably gone and used the annual "Ok, I guess I'll listen to mom" instance, and I used it on the first day of the year.

Ah, but it's time for me to go be an honorary "Whoever is Playing the Packers" fan - in this case, the Vikings.  Because last week, I actually rooted for the Packers, and they sucked.  So, that was a bust and won't happen again. 

2 comments:

Sue said...

Poor Jacob. How sad to be a Packers fan in a Bears house in Cheese-land.

jamie said...

Well, since the Packers are winning, he's quite OK with that.