Since Astro's passing, I've noticed a change in the type of dirt we have around the house. This has been compounded by the loss of the cleaning lady - forcing me to have to deal with said dirt on a more, ah, regular basis.
I was remarking over the complete inefficiency of the swiffer the other day, when I realized that I wasn't picking up dust and hair - I was trying to pick up crumbs. Yes, crumbs. Swiffer does not swiff crumbs. We never had crumbs before. Hair - yes - lots of hair; but anything that even resembled a crumb (edible or otherwise) went into the digestive system of the organic hoover.
So off I went to find the broom, which had long been relegated to basement and garage duty. Good old trusty broom.... great for crumbs!
So sorry swiffer..... you've been sidelined. As it is with many new fads, you've faded and the old standard has returned. It was fun. I loved your "directly into the bin" approach and your stylishly green handle. But alas, I need something more reliable.... something for crumbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment