Sunday, March 18, 2012
Lepricha... how do you spell that?
This is a picture I snapped of Jacob asleep on Friday night, waiting for the Leprechaun. Note that he's sleeping in his clothes (too excited for pjs) and that he has set his dog and robin along the side of the bed to keep watch. In the foreground, he's built traps (red) and "places for presents" (yellow). This followed one of my favorite quotes so far this year "Mom - I need an empty beer bottle." To trap the Leprechaun, of course.
The Leprechaun apparently forgot what he did last year. At 5:30 am, I was roused from my sleep "to check the traps." While the Leprechaun left an abundance of chocolate gold coins - alas - there was no "gift." Also, he was not trapped, but his "get-away car" was discovered in the hallway. He borrowed one from Wolverine.
Allison - awake a bit later - was delighted by the abundance of gold coins, with no feeling of loss over the potential gift. BTW - what did the Leprechaun leave you last year, Jacob? A green ball. Clearly, tragic that such a magical gift would have been forsaken this year. It did become much less tragic when the kids learned that the Leprechaun didn't even visit the house next door - which made the gold coins a little more special.
I mark this day as the halfway point of "candy season" which coincides roughly with Lent - beginning on Valentine's Day and ending at Easter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too cute. and He is wearing the Packer jersey I got him!!
Yep - gotta wear green.
Post a Comment