Sunday, August 1, 2010

BTS Shopping

Well, the back to school shopping is nearly complete. This year, I decided to shop earlier - since my procrastinative tendencies the past few years have left me scrambling for some odd-brand piece of required equipment. Last year was the infamous art paper hunt. I think the school supply lists are longer than they used to be. (I also realized when talking with the babysitter the other day that I was getting dangerously close to being a "when I was a kid, the world was so different...." kind of person).

But none-the-less, the length of the supply lists can be evidenced just by the expense of finding everything - so far $200. This included all basic school supplies (pencils, folders, etc) on the list, ($130!) plus Jacob's gym shoes and Allison's new backpack. Jacob opted to used his "old" Batman backpack and Allison doesn't have new gym shoes yet. The shoes must be left at school, so they have to be a separate pair than regular tennies.

This expense also doesn't yet include any new clothes (other than gym shoes). Jacob will definitely need new pants, since he grew out of his old ones this spring. But he seems to be in a bit of a growth spurt, so I think we'll wait until the weather gets pant-friendly. You know - like mid-September.

The next step will be to write the kids initial on each and every supply. Yes, this means each colored pencil and each crayola crayon. Fun stuff.

No comments: