I think we're going to refinance (thanks for the heads up on low rates Bruce and Sue). I called our current lender and his quote was so-so: probably worth doing but not wonderful. So I called a few other local lenders and found a great rate with a nearby credit union. So, the mortgage lady sent me a checklist of information they need with our application.
I'm looking over this list thinking - really?? Brian says that in the post-housing bubble / stock market tumble / mortgage scam world the banks are getting more picky. I think it's a little excessive for a refinance. They want two years of taxes, 2 years of W-2, bank statements, current pay stubs, IRA and all retirement statements, homeowners insurance information, current mortgage statement, property tax bill, and an application form listing all other assets and liabilities. It's going to be one big-a** pdf.
No comments:
Post a Comment