Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Idyllic Summer

So.  I clearly haven't posted in a month because I don't want to make you all jealous at how idyllic our summer is - just like everyone else's.

There's been fruit picking, swimming pools, sprinklers in the yard, and ice cream.  The children have been playing non-stop outside in the sun.... so tired from their 1970's-style fun that they go right to bed at the late hour of 8:30pm.  There have been crafts (Pinterest!), homemade baked goods, and I cannot believe that the children are getting along so well!

There have in no way been tears over mom's strict electonics policy. 

There has certainly not been a girl up at all hours of the night because she's tired of taking melatonin at bedtime.

The cat certainly doesn't smell like Hades due to the sulfur baths.

And if you happen to hear yelling outside the windows - trust me - it's not the kids yelling at each other or me yelling at them - it's this awesome new game we invented to make fun of all the "less idyllic" families out there.

And the USDA recently rewrote the food pyramid to make potato chips a food group, right?

Finally, thank goodness I have the summer "off."  Because there is absolutely no way I'm sitting in front of the computer for hours trying to meet totally arbitrary deadlines for course developments and papers required for tenure.

So there!  This summer rocks!  I knew you'd be jealous!

1 comment:

Erica said...

So your kids didn't repeatedly call you stupid, accidentally take ("steal") a magazine from the grocery store (and then cry all the way back to the store to return it), and hit each other with flashlights on the head? Just to mention a few things. Mine didn't do that today either. Nope. No way!