but unfortunately a meal is hard to make. I've (we've?) been having fun using the fruits and veggies from the farmer's market and the CSA to make stuff. That stuff is awesome. It takes up fridge space, and now there's nowhere to put food. A conundrum.
There's strawberry balsamic jam, strawberry kiwi jam, garlic scape pesto, blueberry syrup, pickled blueberries, homemade marichino cherries (tart and sweet), homemade pickles (regular and spicy), marinated cheese, corn, lemon curd, and homemade ketchup. There's probably more that's I've forgotten about, plus everything that has already been consumed! There are bottles stacked on jars, such that I hardly let the kids get anything out of the fridge for fear the whole kit and kaboodle will come crashing down on their heads.
We have (I think) no less than 15 different types of cheese (insert Wisconsin joke here). And eggs. If the space is not filled with things in jars or cheese it contains eggs. We've learned that a dozen eggs a week is more eggs than we eat. I think there are 4 dozen in there.
So, I'll gladly take recipes for meals where the ingredient list is eggs, jam, and cheese. Quiche? Every night will be breakfast for dinner. Oh well - it's fun anyway.
1 comment:
Breakfast for dinner is a great idea. I did that often, "back in the day." Quiche is one good idea, but also omelets - you can use up some of the veggies too with both of these. Vietnam fried rice, French toast, deviled eggs. Custard uses 3 eggs and I could eat that every day!
You really do need to get another fridge for the basement. You can put some of the jams and jellies there, plus get a little more organized. I think the side by side fridges are hard to put stuff in and then be able to find it later. Here's an idea - move your current fridge to the basement and then buy a new fridge for the kitchen, one with the freezer on the bottom and the double doors on top.
Post a Comment