We joined a new CSA this summer. We ordered not only a veggie, but a fruit share. Holy yumminess! Although I was super excited about the first flat of strawberries in week 1; I was a little less sure of what to do with the flat of strawberries in week 2. So far, we've made four batches of strawberry balsamic jam (they are pretty small batches), strawberry syrup, strawberry/watermelon lemonade, strawberry/raspberry/watermelon lemonade, strawberry shortcake, strawberry/rhubarb soda, strawberry/rhubarb compote, strawberry pie, and homemade strawberry pop tarts.
We were also fortunate to have a friend drop off a big box of tart cherries, especially since 95% of the Door County cherry crop was wiped out due to a warm March and cold April. Those cherries have been cleaned, pitted, and frozen and are awaiting their futures in pie. Perhaps also a few will make it into cherry pop tarts.
So this week, I'm really kindof hoping for raspberries, as I'm running out of strawberry recipes. Also, I seem to clean the kitchen only to make another mess in it shortly thereafter. I guess there could be worse things.....

No comments:
Post a Comment