Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A-hole, yes; Criminal.... idk

A letter came home today that the principal of Allison's school is going to trial for his role in the teacher abuse that happened at the school in 2011.  It's a long and weird story that I won't rehash here (you can Google it).

But the man was first suspected of wrong-doing in 2011 and suspended.  Then found to not have committed criminal wrong-doing and was reinstated.  Then charges were refiled in 2013 on the wrong-doing, and he was NOT suspended (on the assumption that they would also be dropped).  Now they are going to trial in 2014 and he's "reassigned."  I think one difference this time is that it's him and not him + his boss + the superintendent + the district.

I STRONGLY dislike this principal - just go back and read the post from when he suspended Jacob.  I think he's a bully and an a**.  I am totally not sad to see him leave the school and I support his removal as principal in general.  I mean, really - your role in reporting abuse of students has to be "criminal" before you are not allowed to be Principal?  I think there can be a level below "criminal" which is still "not fit to lead a school."

Anyway, we shall see where this goes.  Hopefully, it makes everyone more likely to act quickly when abuse is suspected.

No comments: