Thursday, June 20, 2013

Catch Up Posts

I think the next series of posts might explain why there haven't been any posts lately.  I'll start with last week when we took Allison totally (almost) off her medication.  It looked like this:
I say "almost" because I did give her a small dose before her first gardening camp - didn't want that to go badly.  So - we survived!  The upside was that Allison was hungry.  The downside was that it didn't help any of the behavior patterns we wanted it to - which is also an upside because it assuages the guilt I was planning to have over the fact that the meds which help with issue 1 might cause issue 2.  Now we know it's not med-driven.  Too bad, that would have been easier to address.  Oh well.

Last week we also babysat this girl: 
... 130 pound Leonberger "puppy" named Gaia whose "people" are friends of ours who went out of town for a few days.  She's super nice (though she does take up a lot of space!) and was walked way more than she needed because the kids loved doing it.

We traded in the puppy about an hour before the boys arrived back from Chicago on a mission to pick up Kellen.  The boys have been enjoying a variety of camp experiences this week.  More pics to follow in the next post.

No comments: