Friday, November 2, 2012

I am a ball cart

This was my conversation with Jacob last night:

J: Mom, I've been a ball cart for the last 4 days!
Me: Ball cart?
J: Yeah, for four days in a row!
Me: Ball cart?  What's a ball cart?
J: Well, see, there's this cart, with balls....

And then he launched into a long explanation with lots of pauses for emphasis and that tongue clicking thing he does when he knows he has your attention and he has a story to tell.  Apparently, he and Parker get to push the ball cart back into the building at recess.  They get this wonderous job by simply asking the recess supervisor!  Clearly, Jacob wonders why others haven't figured out that is ALL you have to do to be rewarded with such awesome responsibility.

Meanwhile - I'm wondering how it is that he seeks out opportunities to help clean up and put away at school?  At home it's the WORLD'S MOST LABOROUS CHORE and if I ask him to do something, I am the worst.mom.ever. 

How do I harness this ball cart magic?  Let's flip this so he shows up at school and tells his teacher "Hey - I've been the vacuum for four days now! Tomorrow, I become the made bed!"

1 comment:

Sue said...

Ha ha, good luck with that.