Somewhere there are pictures of Allison's birthday that will be posted. There may be musing about holiday parties, retention letters, endocrinologists, doggie lymphoma, and all the other things swirling around. For now - it's the last day of classes for me and I am HAPPIEEE! Yeah - that's with an "ie" - I combined happy and yippee.
BTW - my students hate me right now. They are currently cursing my name as they prepare their final presentations on how the university can actually MAKE money by putting up a windmill (they are dilusional). They hate deadlines, group projects, presentations, and long papers. I gave them all of that in one big whopper package. It's called "Revenge of the College Professor." Yeah, sure, there's pedegogial reasons, and things they are learning, and applying, and it's just like the "Real World." The project is assigned at other campuses where the same class is taught and totally vetted by the Powers that Be. But some students spent the better part of the term texting under their desks and failing to turn in thier homework on time..... coming to class late and asking "Did I miss anything?" (of course not, the world stops when you aren't here). So, seeing them actually have to do "work," things that you cannot memorize, cannot copy from one another, and cannot do at the absolute last minute does my heart good. All the things that I used to curse my own college professors about.
Of course, the last laugh does come back on me because do you know how long it will take me to grade all that stuff???
1 comment:
I love the thought that you actually think there'll come a day when you'll be caught up. Ahh, youth. Still, I'm hoping it happens for you. As for me, I've given up on catching up! Maybe in my next life.... :-)
Post a Comment