Friday, August 26, 2011

Oh my goodness... does this suck?

So, I've learned that if you go to the upper bar on blogger it will take you to "Next Blog." Let me say that I am totally unimpressed with whatever people are writing in the "next blog." Are these my virtual neighbors?

If so - let me tell you a little about them:

(1) they are SUPER religious. I mean, spreading the gospel - tech style. A quick view through the next 10 blogs reveal that at least 7 of them are primarily about God. Who knew?

(2) if they aren't religious, they are likely people sharing their hobbies - like photography or cooking. Ok, well, I guess I can have some artsy - fartsy people around my blog; and that banana bread pudding does look pretty good. Although, for those good at both cooking and photography - please stay away lest my waistline expand enough to consume your whole blog.

(3) give kudos to the hobby-ists and Jesus-lovers because they do at least stick with it. A fair number of my virtual neighbors wrote two posts and said the heck with this. "Hey World, I'm blogging now!" April 16, 2008.

(4) and then there are the truly terrible blogs. The woman whose posts are all written as letters to her kids: "Dear Dominic, I love you so much and let me recount the details of the birth of your baby brother for you..... Love you always and forever - Mom"

My virtual neighbors do change each time, but I'm consistently disappointed with the results. I'm concerned that google has placed me in this neighborhood due to either my pissy blog traffic, sporadic posting, or that one post I made about Jesus. Perhaps I will have to reinvent myself.....

2 comments:

jamie said...

This is awesome:
http://tarps-plus.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog

Erica said...

Did you subscribe? I'm coming to you when I need to buy my next tarp.