Can we make the distinction between climate change and weather? All this snow - it's climate change. The gulf stream shifts, the moisture balance shifts, storms get more intense. To all the doubters who like to rake Al Gore over the coals every time it snows.... I'm just sayin. This is like, blizzard number 5.
I hope they cancel UW Fox tomorrow. The kids are already off school - not for President's Day - or one of the other umpteen holidays we don't celebrate in WI. Honestly, I don't know why there is no school tomorrow. Teachers - go protest away if you like (new favorite protest sign "It's all Favre's fault"). No, I hope they cancel Fox because my friend Kim is proctoring an exam for me and anytime I have someone cover a class, I feel like I'm making a huge imposition on them. So, I'd just prefer to have the day off.
We also have no dean, which makes things more complicated. Our former dean quit a few weeks ago over what I surmise had something to do with budget fights, a new Chancellor, and the forcing Fox into a different economic model. I don't hold it against him. So, the acting dean will get to make this decision. Lucky him. Half the people are going to be pissed off either way. Hopefully, I'm not one of them.
And Jacob has a fever. It's always a clue that an older child is sick when he takes a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment