What gets you to make a late-night run to Target on March 16th? It's your son's fervent belief that a Leprechaun will be visiting tonight and leaving gold coins. Two things are imperative - one, that you try to catch the Leprechaun with a trap, and two - that the Leprechaun will surely leave gold coins behind. As a parent, I buy in because I fear that if there are no gold coins, it's a slippery slope from fake Leprechauns to the Easter Bunny to Santa Claus.
So, while I find it endearing that Jacob believes that a Leprechaun will be visiting our house tonight, I am also a little.... eh.... tired of the monthly march of trinket-requiring holidays. From St. Nick's Day (12/5 - which we avoided since it was a Saturday) to Christmas to Valentine's Day to St. Patrick's Day to the upcoming Easter holiday - with a few lost teeth to spice things up. I guess after Easter there will be a drought until Halloween. Unless I'm missing something..... like a sneaky Betsy Ross that comes on the 4th of July.
No comments:
Post a Comment