I am wondering if storytelling is nature or nurture. Brian can create a pretty good story. Based on the number of people who believed he made elk chili, we know Brian can create a tall tale. So can other (you know who you are) members of the Douglas clan.
Well, Jacob has started doing this too. Most of his stories start with "when I was one years old, I..." followed by some amazing feat like "ate a whole bunch of bananas by myself." But today as we were driving to the library, he spun a great tale about how there is one library in Appleton and one in Menasha (true) but there are no videos in the Menasha library like there are in the Appleton library (I honest do not know if Menasha has kids videos or not). Jacob told me that there used to be videos in the Menasha library, until a group of thieves came along and stole all but one of the videos, and now you can go and check out just one video - because that's all they have. Not only that, adults aren't allowed to check anything out of the Menasha library. It's just for kids only. That's what makes the Menasha library better than the Appleton library.
As for all the things Jacob has done when he was one years old.... I'm a little skeptical.
1 comment:
LOVE the picture.
I can't explain where the storytelling comes from. I would say I got it from my dad, but that doesn't explain Bruce. But of course, nothing can explain Bruce.
The best bet is not to believe anything you hear until you check it out from a reliable (not Douglas) source.
Post a Comment